Monday, February 18, 2008

Agape and Apologetix

Last night was our annual Agape Dinner. Our church family always has a lot of fun at this event.

We do an Agape Dinner in place of the traditional Valentine's Banquet, including the whole church family. It's a time celebrating God's love, especially the evidence of that love in the past year.

Everyone brings a pot of soup to share. Together we enjoy testimonies, music, games, and entertainment. This year we had Pastor Brain and the Elders, aka my husband and the elder board. They did a lip sync to Apologetix's Baa We're Lambs. It was a big hit!

Are you familiar with Apologetix? They are a Christian parody band. Baa We're Lambs is a parody of Beach Boy's Barbara Ann. Here's a cute You Tube of the song to get your Monday started off right. The lyrics are below.



Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa we're lambs
Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa
I'm a lamb -- in God's hand -- I'm a lamb
He's got a flock of lambs who know Him
Robbers cannot steal 'em from His hand
Baa Baa Baa Baa we're lambs
Went through the fence, lookin' for some friends
God saw me scram so He brought me back again
Cause I'm a lamb in God's hand
You got to follow where He's goin'
God'll take you in the Promised Land

CHORUS: Baa! We're lambs, Baa!
We're lambs, Baa! We're lambs ...

Tried many moves -- Tried getting loose
Tried petting zoos but I knew they wouldn't do
Cause I'm a lamb in God's hand
You got to follow where He's goin'
God'll take you in the Promised Land
Baa Baa Baa Baa we're lambs

CHORUS: Baa! We're lambs,
Baa! We're lambs, Baa! We're lambs ...



No comments: