Saturday, February 2, 2008

Snow White Visits the Library

Here's my little princess at today's Princess Party at our local library. Sorry for the blur; forgot the flash.

This Snow White costume was a Christmas present. She requested it and I knew it was a "must do". She'd worn her store-bought one to shreds.

I made the costume from Simplicity 9384. This pattern is not for a beginner. The bodice had self-made piping. The sleeves were sewn with three layers of fabric and multiple steps.

But it was cheaper to make than most princess costumes. The fabrics are all broadcloth purchased at 50% off. There are no special trims. The only notions were thread, hooks & eyes, interfacing, zipper, and elastic. I had all of those on hand except the zipper.

I made this costume a bit big, in hopes it will fit her the Summer of 2009. I'm dreaming of another trip to Disney...

But for now, we satisfy ourselves with a Princess Party at the library. Enjoy the pictures!


Riveting story time...

Crown with jewels, glitter and feathers...

And a princess parade!

No comments: