Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sewing Baby Shoes Today

I'm making cloth baby shoes today for a baby shower on Saturday. My good friend Crissy is having her third boy.

Joanna's pattern (at Stardustshoes) are famous! They're highlighted at Sew Mama Sew!, Michael Miller Fabrics, and pictured in Mary Engelbreit Home Companion. Not to mention all the no-name bloggers like me that rave about them.

And...be still my frugal heart...her pattern-slash-tutorial is free! What a gal.

The first time I made these little guys, I was a bit embarrassed to bring such a small and easily made gift. But the response was wonderful. Maybe because the shoes look like Robeez.

It never ceases to amaze me that one morning + fabric scraps = adulation.

So once again, I pull out this great pattern. All the pieces are cut, interfaced, and marked for two pair of baby boy cloth shoes.

Stay tuned...pictures and comments upon completion.

No comments: