Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Memorizing Scripture - WFMW

Scripture memory is not one of my strong points. Whiling away the hours at the computer IS.

So rather than fight my issues, I try to find ways to embrace them. Or least find some redeeming quality...

And how do I do that with the computer? Why by using "The Scripture Memory System," a downloadable program at memoryverses.org. And, bless my frugal heart, this program is freeware!

It works likethis: I type in the verse I am learning. The program quizzes me in multiple ways and keeps a score. After scoring high enough repetitively, the verse is moved to "review".

All verses are tracked and shuffled. I can quiz myself on the whole lot or just portions.

There's even a voice feature. This little parrot guy will fly down and say the verses to me. He sounds a bit creepy. But, hey, you auditory learners might just love that feature.

This simple program has helped me learn many verses. And helped me feel better about my screen-time when I should have been scrubbing the floors...

Or cooking dinner...

Or folding laundry...

Or sleeping...

But hey, no guilt here. There's no higher calling than memorizing Scripture!

Oh...there is something in the Bible about moderation isn't there. Shoot.

Check over at Rocks in My Dryer for What Works for Me Wednesday. You find lots of cool tips...maybe even additional ways to legitimize your computer time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. I think this will work perfectly for me!!

Shannon

Chrissy said...

I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks!

Dawn said...

I am going to try this too!